Saturday, January 31, 2009

Learning As I Go


The process of creating a website has me completely boggled. Although I've listed on Etsy and eBay, created this blog, and have started to participate in forum's like Teddy Talk, "life on the web" is still quite new and a little scary to me. 

Today I had every intention of really getting something done on my new website, however, creating a website isn't like cleaning a room, cooking dinner, changing around the furniture, or even making a teddy.... I know how to do those things. What I don't know how to do is, design a webpage or website. I'm not even sure of the terminology.

I will learn, though. I did some surfing today and checked out some other websites. I made notes of what I liked about them. I read all the material from my web host. I bought a book on HTML for Dummies.... (I like those dummy books). My plan is to keep it very simple to start out with and build from there. And, to have it all laid out on paper before I actually get in there and start pushing buttons.

So, onward and upward and this time I will do it.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and words of encouragement. 

XXOO  Vicki

2 comments:

  1. Good for you Vicki, my next step is html, the very thought of those few letters make me shudder. I have a website and although I did it myself, its a template and not how I would eventually like it, so good luck
    Bear Hugs
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes good luck ! I admire your determination, I get a headache just thinking about creating a website !
    Hugs,
    Ginie-Lee

    ReplyDelete