Saturday, January 10, 2009

Facelifts


This is Dandy BEFORE his facelift!


And this is Dandy AFTER his facelift!


Although I have been making teddy bears for a number of years, I have never taken the time to really learn how to create detail in my teddies. I've always been so excited about seeing who I am creating, that I can hardly wait to get done. The results, unfortunately, are that I end up creating someone with a face, well perhaps a little less than desirable.... Sorry.

Right before Christmas a customer was browsing through my bears and picked out Sunset. He said, "I really like this bear, his fur, etc., but I don't like the face." End of story. Sunset went back on the shelf.

Through my friends at Teddy Talk, I learned of a great book called "101 Bears to Make" by Nancy Tillberg. I ordered the book through Amazon.com., and it is the most amazing book I have ever read to date on the creation of bears.

So, a few days ago, I took three bears off the shelf who had less than desirable facial expressions (sorry bears)... and gave them all facelifts using some of the techniques I'm learning by reading this book.

Here are the before and after pictures.



This is Emily BEFORE her facelift.


This is Emily AFTER her facelift!!



This is Sunset BEFORE his facelift.

This is Sunset AFTER his facelift!!


Let me know what you think.

Thanks!!! Vicki and the "new" bears

Oh, and if you are interested in adopting any one of these revised "cuties" they should be up on bearpile shortly.

2 comments:

  1. Hello and thanks for visiting my blog, your bear business plans sound exciting!! You're right to follow your dream and I wish you all the luck!
    Love the face lifts, I need that book!
    Hugs Ginie-Lee :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The facelifts are fascinating - perfectly wonderful bears transformed into perfectly awesome bears! And how great that you're willing to share this creative process with us (some, who like me, are creative in other ways but dearly love teddybears).
    Thanks!!! :) Billie

    ReplyDelete