Thursday, October 8, 2009

Happy Birthday Dear Daughter

On October 8, 1970 at the ripe old age of 19, I gave birth to you, my first child, a beautiful baby girl.



We named you Barbara Ann, mostly because being a child of the 60’s I was in love with the Beach Boys and my favorite song was Barbara Ann.

So I began to raise you, my little Barbie doll, although I was little more than a child myself.

The years went by so fast, I can hardly believe it.



If I would have known then, what I know now.

How different things would have been.

But I’ve learned many things from you, my dear.

Lessons of love and absolute joy.

Lessons of opening and gratitude.

Lessons of letting go and letting in.

Lessons of growing up and growing old.



And believe me when I say, I am so proud of you. You are so beautiful. And you are loved absolutely. My little girl.



Happy Birthday!
With Love, Mom

3 comments:

  1. How wonderful to have a daughter, especially one so lovely! Many happy returns,Barbara Ann!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to you and your beautiful daughter. Joan Rivers once said that she woke up one day and realised that she had given birth to her best friend - and that's what a daughter is!

    Enjoy her.
    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for stopping by. The blog entry made her cry, so I was successful :) Happy tears. Hugs to you, Vicki

    ReplyDelete