Saturday, October 24, 2015

Ebb and Flow


I realize it has been over a year since I’ve posted on this blog. I can’t bring myself to close this site, because I used to love posting. And, I still do, as a matter of fact. Life and it’s trials and stresses and (you know the drill) has gotten in the way of my inspiration and my time. So the blog just fell to the wayside.


For the past few weeks, I’ve been wanting to write. Not knowing where to start. Do I tell in detail the story of stress and loss? Caring for my Mother, losing my sister and subsequently losing my Mother, too.


Or do I just pretend everything is OK and I’ve just been too busy to write. 


For the past few years, I have spent a great deal of time caring for my elderly Mother, who subsequently passed away in January of this year. Since her death and the closing of her affairs, I have begun to realize the toll that this took on my body and spirit.


It’s been 10 months now since my Mom has passed. I am beginning to feel my spirit stir again and my health and enthusiasm are returning.


So, this is where I begin… again. Living within the ebb and flow of life. Continuing with the things I love.

Love and hugs, Vicki and the Bears

P.S. We have a new addition to the family. His name is Jackie and he is a “dog.” He was my Mom’s companion and he has come to live with us. More on him in my next post!



15 comments:

  1. Welcome back dear Vicky, I know how tough life has been for you the last years and I send you my love and respect for all you did..........
    glad to see new bears again!
    Biggest hugs from Pink.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Pink. You are such an inspiration and positive presence. Hugs

      Delete
  2. Wow !!! I give you lots of credit for doing all you did for your family:-) I'm new to bear making and I look forward to your beautiful talents ♡
    Sending hugs and prayers to a new friend I hope:-)
    Penny from Michigan USA ♡ :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Penny. It will be fun to see some of your creations! Hugs

      Delete
  3. I love you, Vicki. "Living within the ebb and flow of life" is a great way of looking at it. You're an inspiration. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vicki - it's funny how never meeting we are like kindred sisters. I know exactly how you feel. I too lost my Mom this past April. It was so painful and stressful to see a woman with a zest for life to become so bitter and unhappy in the last 3 years of her life. She struggled with numerous strokes and dementia. Helping Dad took a toll with both of us. At the same time we were blessed to have her. Take care my friend and continue creating these beautiful bears. Warm hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so sorry to hear about your Mom, Pat. Goodness, you gave me goose bumps here. Love and hugs to you.

      Delete
  5. Vicki - I am so glad you posted! Even though I follow Custom Teddys on FB it is nice to read a more personal side of one of my fave teddy bear maker's lives. I offer you my sincere, belated condolences on the passing of your Mom and sister, I know how these things can take a toll on the mind and body. Life keeps us all in check with things we must do. Very happy you are once again feeling in the spirit to bring your creations to life as I enjoy the ones I have and the ones to come! :) Ann in North Carolina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I think you had mentioned that James and some of your Mom's bears had come to live with you since her passing. I, too, adopted some of my Mother's bears. And, yes, the blog is so much more personal. I feel more of a connection with people here than I do on other sites. Thank you for your friendship.

      Delete
  6. Oh it's good to see you back on here!! We moved back to Juneau and I ended up closing my blog down…my kids want their privacy :) I'm looking forward to reading all your happenings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome home, Angie! Are you still doing your steampunk jewelry? I am hoping you were here for the summer, since we actually had a lot of sunshine. I remember the first year you moved here I think it rained every day! Good to hear from you.

      Delete
  7. Hi! Yep, we moved back at spring break:) I'm selling my work at the JAC and online still as well :) Hasn't this summer and fall been wonderful?!! It's been so nice to be back.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vicki, I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your mum and your sister. It's a new journey we face after losses like that. My mum and sister died within 3 months of each other, 20 years ago, and not a day goes by that I don't think of them. I'm glad you feel like creating again - it nourishes us. Brenda x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Brenda. I am sorry for your loss as well. Although time has a tendency to heal the intense pain of loss, it "is" a new journey, as you mentioned. Different. Quite different. Hugs

      Delete